Posted On 08 Sep 2020
Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation
Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation is currently seeking a Joint Management Plan Implementation Coordinator for our Barmah Office.
The Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation (YYNAC) was established in 1998 to represent the descendants of the original Yorta Yorta peoples in making decisions and acting on any matters of significance to the Yorta Yorta peoples and to enter into agreements with any person, government agency or authority in relation to the protection of the Yorta Yorta Country. The Yorta Yorta traditional lands covers a unique stretch of forest-wetlands located in what is now known as the central Murray- Goulburn region in North-Central Victoria and Southern News South Wales approximately 20,000 square kilometres. The YYNAC has maintained its status as a Registered Aboriginal Party (RAP) under the Cultural Heritage Act since 2007.
YYNAC is a not-for-profit organisation working towards a better future for its people through numerous projects and partnerships with local, state, national and international organisations and governments. For more information please visit: www.yynac.com.au.
This project aims to support recognition and self-determination of the Yorta Yorta people by sharing maintaining the culture experience for both Yorta Yorta/Aboriginal Peoples and sharing this with the general community and visitors experience Barmah Lakes and the Dharnya Interpretation Centre.
The Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation are promoting a business case for leasing and future management of the Dharnya Centre (within the Barmah National Park) which will include visitors experience through educational programs and events that can promote Yorta Yorta history and culture, this Masterplan provides the opportunity to promote this beyond the Dharnya Centre precinct.
About this role
This position will play a lead role in liaison and implementation of the objectives of the Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation (YYNAC) in the delivery of the Joint Management Plan for the Barmah National Park (BNP) and in engagement and partnership with Parks Victoria and the Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DELWP) to;
- Create an interface for YYNAC on the coordination of the Operation Plan with the Yorta Yorta Traditional Owners Board (YYTOLMB) and Parks Victoria for the Joint Management Plan of the Barmah National Park.
- To promote a process of liaison between YYNAC, Parks Victoria and the YYTOLMB with the implementation of the management plans at an operations level.
- To support Yorta Yorta People in the recruitment, training and direct support for the YY Rangers and Team Leaders in their transition into Parks Victoria.
- Provide a program with Parks Victoria of Yorta Yorta Cultural Insight training with all Parks Victoria staff that work within the Yorta Yorta Traditional country.
- To provide coordination the BNP Implementation Plans for Yorta Yorta Nation and Parks Victoria, which aligns with the YYNAC Agreements with Victorian Government and its statutory obligations. In particular the Co-Management Agreement 2004 and YYNAC Recognised Aboriginal Party under the Victorian Cultural Heritage Act and other programs or projects that come from the YYNAC Whole of Country Plan and Strategic Plan that have a direct effect on the focus area.
This role will be responsible in coordinating a working relationship with Parks Victoria the implementation of the Joint Management Implementation Plan, which will result in planning activities on the ground level representing YYNAC in their partnership with Parks Victoria and other stakeholders.
The role will be required to liaise with the Executive Officer of Yorta Yorta Traditional Owner Management Board and Yorta Yorta Senior Managers of Whole of Country Unit & Woka Walla NRM Team and Cultural Heritage Unit.
If you are proud of your Yorta Yorta heritage, have more than two years’ experience in a similar role and want to use your talents to support the development of our people and the preservation of our living culture, whilst being part of a supportive team – please contact us today.
The role is a full time (37.5 hrs. per week) on an initial fixed-term 24mth contract. Salary to be negotiated according to experience (APS Level 5 equivalent) Access to a company vehicle included.
To obtain a full position description please contact Laura via email only email@example.com, queries will not be responded to via social media or over the phone.
After viewing the PD you can submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28/09/2020
This is an “Indigenous Only” role under Special Measures of the EEO Act 2010, Section 12.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
1 Sept 2020
Location Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
Work Type Contract/Temp
Classification Consulting & Strategy
Environment & Sustainability Consulting