Posted On 08 Sep 2020
Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation
Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Barmah Office.
The Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation (YYNAC) was established in 1998 to represent the descendants of the original Yorta Yorta peoples in making decisions and acting on any matters of significance to the Yorta Yorta peoples and to enter into agreements with any person, government agency or authority in relation to the protection of the Yorta Yorta Country. The Yorta Yorta traditional lands covers a unique stretch of forest-wetlands located in what is now known as the central Murray- Goulburn region in North-Central Victoria and Southern News South Wales approximately 20,000 square kilometres. The YYNAC has maintained its status as a Registered Aboriginal Party (RAP) under the Cultural Heritage Act since 2007.
YYNAC is a not-for-profit organisation working towards a better future for its people through numerous projects and partnerships with local, state, national and international organisations and governments. For more information please visit: www.yynac.com.au.
About this role
YYNAC will use resources obtained from a grant from Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) to build on the YYNAC Strategic Plan 2020-30, enabling the employement of a Business Development Manager to build on the existing 3 key YYNAC business initiatives: Dharnya Centre Complex, Woka Walla NRM Program and the Ulunja Farm to facilitate employment, training and business opportunities for our people and to develop a process for 16 Family groups of the YYNAC in securing their long term cultural, social and economic well-being.
- Formulating and integrating the development of business plans with set objectives, budgets and goals and continuing risk and business performance for the Strategic Business Unit (SBU): Dharnya Centre Complex, Woka Walla NRM Program and Ulunja Farm. To identify opportunities for further training and development of business plans for each of the 16 Family groups linked to these business initiatives within tourism and hospitality and other related ventures
- Further developing a portfolio of SBU’s for YYNAC by identifying opportunities for the provision of new business either through government funded programs and services, commercial fee-for- service opportunities, or strategic partnerships for the corporation as aligned with the Strategic Plans, associated Business Plans and the YYNAC Board.
- Improved sustainability for the long-term wellbeing of Yorta Yorta Nation and its Peoples through the delivery of economic development initiatives.
- Ensuring ongoing collaboration and alignment of activities between policy, programs, marketing, and fundraising to maximise opportunities for business program development.
- Providing written reports to the Funding bodies, providing for risk and financial stability within term strategy for the sustainability of these 3 key YYNAC Businesses.
If you have more than two years’ experience in a similar role and have relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Management or a related discipline, and want to use your talents to support the development of our people and the preservation of our living culture, whilst being part of a supportive team – please contact us today.
The role is a full time (37.5 hrs. per week) on an initial fixed-term 24mth contract. Salary to be negotiated according to experience (APS Level 5 equivalent) work vehicle available for use. To obtain a full position description please contact Laura via email only firstname.lastname@example.org, queries will not be responded to via social media or over the phone. After viewing the PD you can submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Applications close 28/09/2020The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
1 Sept 2020
Location Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
Work Type Contract/Temp
Classification Consulting & Strategy