Posted On 08 Oct 2021
Woka Walla Casual Crew Members
YYNAC is seeking seeking expressions of interest for Woka Walla Casual Crew Members for upcoming exciting projects on Yorta Yorta Country.
Crew Members will need to be able to: participate in on country works including but not limited to; participating in a broad range of maintenance programs to agreed contract specification standards e.g. revegetation activities (tree planting, seed collection, etc.), fencing, construction/removal, etc.
Key Skills that we are looking for are:
• Displaying a sound knowledge of open space maintenance techniques
• Ability to effectively work in a team based workforce
• Ability to effectively communicate both written & verbally
• Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health & Safety in the workplace
• Commitment to adhering to the Yorta Yorta Cultural & Land Management Values
- Current Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- The position will be predominantly located at Barmah & Shepparton, Victoria with works carried out across Yorta Yorta Country.
- The position may involve some work outside normal office hours.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required. You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
- All positions with YYNAC require a negative Drug & Alcohol Test to be submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualifications, experience and award rates.
Please email email@example.com for full position descriptions or any enquiries.
Position queries will not be answered through Facebook.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 14th October 2021
These are “Indigenous Only” positions under Special Measures of the EEO Act 2010, Section 12.